Bikram’s Beginning Yoga class is a demanding series of 26 postures (asanas) and 2 breathing exercises (pranayamas), which are suitable for all ages and levels of ability. Each posture stretches and strengthens specific muscles, ligaments and joints needed for the next posture. The Bikram method also stimulates the organs, glands and nerves, moving fresh oxygenated blood to 100 percent of the body, restoring all systems to a healthy working order.
Why The Heat?
Yoga changes the construction of the body from the inside out, from bones to skin and from fingertips to toes. So before you change it, you have to heat it up to soften it, because a warm body is a flexible body. Then you can reshape the body any way you want.
Hatha Yoga flushes away the waste products, the toxins of all the glands and organs of your body. It provides a natural irrigation of the body through the circulatory system, with the help of the respiratory system. It brings nourishments to every cell of your body so that each one can perform its function and keep your body healthy. Bikram Yoga also employs heat to further that cleaning process: When you sweat, impurities are flushed out of the body through the skin.
Bikram Yoga Benefits and Postures
- A Regular Yoga Practice
- Regulates cholesterol in the blood
- Supplies oxygen and nutrients to parts of the body that have been blocked or stagnant
- Eliminates toxins
- Flushes the lymphatic system
- Improves the spines flexibility and health
- Expands lung capacity and strengthens the heart
- Lubricates joints and strengthens bones
- Stretches and tones the muscles
- Promotes weight loss
- Reduces stress
- Increases vitality, energy, relaxation
- Increases blood circulation
- Keeps joints healthy, increases muscle strength around joints to support them under pressure
- Improves muscle strength and flexibility which reduces the risk of injury, or re-injury
- Improves immunity (i.e. getting sick less often, if at all)
- Can reduce the symptoms of many chronic diseases (e.g. arthritis and thyroid disorders)
- Promotes a sense of well being that spreads into your daily life
We are passionate about, and commited to, Bikram Hot Yoga.
Therefore, you can be absolutely certain that every Bikram Yoga class, our yoga practice rooms, heat, air filtration systems. All of our Bikram Certified instructors meet the highest standards and all of the requirements necessary to be an affiliated Bikram Studio with Bikram’s Yoga College of India.
Anyone can do these poses!
More than just The Original HOT Yoga, Bikram Yoga is Powerful Medicine! Join Us, No Appointment Necessary!
We love our local community and are grateful to live in wonderful Traverse City and Grand Grapids, in this blessed country on this beautiful and sacred planet!. We believe that it’s not enough to live in a community, or to be a part of community. We believe that we have a responsibility to contribute to our community, and we are grateful to be able to volunteer with local organizations on a regular basis.
Bikram Yoga Postures & Benefits
Bikram Yoga is unlike any yoga class you’ve taken before! Even if you have done so called “HOT Yoga”, you haven’t done these postures/this class, you need to experience this. You will feel a lasting, unparalleled incredible euphoria afterwards! Alleviates chronic pain that other yogas & fitness routines simply cannot touch!